Now that you have finally bought the luxury purse that you have been admiring for a long time, it is important that you take good care of it so that it remains as good as new for a life time. Since luxury purses are quite delicate, one can damage them by just using improper cleaning techniques. Here are some useful tips to help you maintain and care for your expensive luxury purse –
- When the bag is not in use, put it in a dust cover to protect from fading. You can also use a soft pillow cover if you do not find a bag that will loosely hold your luxury bag.
- Ensure that you keep your handbag in a safe place while at work. Keep it away from splinters or sharp edges.
- Water can damage your luxury bags. Thus, it is best to wipe off any water drops from your bag immediately. You can also allow the damp leather to wipe off naturally without using any hear source such as a blow dryer.
- Buy a quality conditioner that will allow your bag to remain soft. Remember to remove any stains or spots before conditioning your luxury bag.
- If your bag has a satin lining, you can use a mild soap and a sponge to clean it. Make sure your makeup is closed properly before you insert it inside your bag as they can transfer dirt to the interior of your bag. Use a plastic side case to keep all your makeup essentials and then insert it in your bag.
Most women forget to treat their luxury bags well once they have worked hard to get it. You will need to take good care of your luxury bag so that it lasts for many years to come. Also remember to keep all of the paperwork you receive with your purse, this way, if something does happen you can go back to the retailer for help.
Bonus Tip: Refrain from wearing new jeans while using your purse. The color of the jeans may fade and leave a mark on your purse. Speaking from personal experience, if this happens, there is very little you can do to undo it.
Congrats on your new investment!